Achievement through a challenging, co-operative and caring environment which:-
Empowers boys to reach their potential.
Values the role and contribution of staff
- Responds to the aspirations of parents and the community
To provide our students with the twenty first Century learning skills to enable them to be articulate, confident and accomplished global citizens.
Balgowlah Boys Campus dates from 1st July 1954. It is located on a prime site of more than five acres in the heart of Balgowlah.
The school has a proud history of academic achievement, where students have gone on to be high achievers in business, art, science and the sporting arena. Many of these students are remembered today through the honour roll in the main office and the plaques that give areas of the schools their name and inspire our current students.
Today, as a campus of the Northern Beaches Secondary College, there is a wave of new opportunities for current and future students. The college structure brings the opportunity of the widest choice of Stage 6 subjects than any other institution in NSW. It also provides access to a plethora of co-educational opportunities through leadership, music and the arts to ensure continued success for our students in the future.
Balgowlah Boys Campus provides
- A boys' focused learning environment with caring, committed, teaching staff in a personalised, small school.
- Innovative teaching methods and programs which specifically target the learning needs of boys
- Academic excellence across the curriculum, as reflected in our HSC results.
- Extension programs in Years 7 and 8 which extend students in the core subjects of English, Maths and Science, as well as challenging gifted and talented students in project based learning modules throughout the year.
- Individualised remedial support programs.
- An extensive welfare program that supports the well-being of young men, using a positive psychology platform.
- A broad array of co-curricular activities including bands, instrument tuition, drama, chess, debating, public speaking, dance, student representative council, prefect system and alternative dispute resolution.
- Excellent facilities featuring a gymnasium and weights room, school hall, large library with video conferencing, a Technology and Applied Studies Learning Centre, home rooms for teaching staff, computer labs, and a recording studio.
- A proud sporting tradition with a vast choice of both competitive and recreational sport.
- A dedicated and active school community involved in a variety of school activities